Pro-Ject T1 SB – New Generation Audiophile Entry Level Turntable
The stylish CNC-machined plinth of the Pro-Ject T1 SB features no plastic parts. Subsequently, it is carefully manufactured to ensure there are no hollow spaces inside. As a result, this avoids unwanted vibrations within the chassis.
Carrying this philosophy through the design, the glass platter is also a heavy, zero-resonance design. Finally, the purpose-chosen turntable feet also do a good job of isolating the T1 from ambient vibrations around your hi-fi system.
In the Pro-Ject T1 SB the motor drives a belt-system. It attaches to a newly designed sub-platter. This is mounted to an ultra-precise 0.001mm main bearing with a hardened steel axle and brass bushing.
The tonearm new tonearm has an effective length of 8.6”. This one-piece aluminum tonearm also features low-friction bearings for absolute accuracy in use. The Pro-Ject T1 SB comes with a pre-adjusted Ortofon OM 5E Moving Magnet cartridge and is ready to use right out of the box. Also, super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance Pro-Ject phono cables are included.
Compared to the base T1-model, the Phono SB version includes a built-in, Pro-Ject designed, high-quality phono MM stage. There is also an electronic speed switch between 33 and 45 RPM.
For the drive system, where most alternative products may use unregulated DC motors with wide speed fluctuation. However, the Pro-Ject T1 SB features our proven system of an electronically regulated, precision-speed AC motor.
- Precision belt-drive with accurately regulated speed stability and electronic 33/45 RPM speed change
- Built-in switchable phono stage – no external phono preamp required
- Anti-resonant sub-platter design
- Heavy 8mm, zero-resonance blasted-glass platter
- Precision CNC‘d heavy full chassis: NO hollow spaces, NO plastic
- Ortofon OM5e moving magnet pickup
- Low friction, vibration free tonearm bearing
- One-piece tonearm design with integrated head shell
- Vibration absorbing feet
- Available in High-Gloss Black, Matt White, and Walnut