Pre Box S2 Digital – a performance revolution in a small package!
Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital marks a new era for our S-series components, for the very first time we are using a dual mono configuration with the highest class D/A converters of ESS Sabre, their flagship DAC chip ensures highest class audio in a small and affordable pack-age. This DAC is capable of high resolution audio up to 32bit 768kHz PCM and DSD512!
Pre Box S2 Digital is also the very first of our devices to support hardware MQA unfolding via USB. It’s also the premiere of our proprietary Optimum transient digital filter and our proprietary clock circuitry design. Digital audio is the art of time, with our new proprietary clock design we have managed jitter rates of unrivalled 100 Femtoseconds, this easily outperforms many renowned and respected audiophile clock generators!
With organic polymer capacitors and thin film miniMELF resistors we were able to create a tiny device that will blow away even much bigger components for a much higher price. With a total of seven digital filters the sound can be shaped precisely to the listeners liking. Pre Box S2 Digital is fully remoteable, it can also control the playback software of a computer. You can use Play, Pause, Forward and Rewind straight with your Pre Box S2 Digital!
Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital Preamp Features
- Dual mono construction
- High end ESS Sabre ESS9038 dual DAC
- Proprietary clock circuity design
- Organic polymer capacitors and thin film miniMELF resistors
- MQA hardware decoding (USB only)
- DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 & DSD512 (DSD over PCM)
- Up to 24bit/192kHz for optical & coax inputs
- 7 selectable digital filter characteristics
- 1 proprietary optimum transient digital filter
- Headphone output on the front (6.3mm)
- Synchronization of all internal oscillators
- Jitter as low as 100 Femtoseconds!
- Gold plated four layer PCB
- Full alu/metal sandwich casing in silver or black
Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
3 digital inputs
- 1x coax (S/PDIF)
- 1x optical (TOSlink®)
- USB B
D/A-converter: 2x ESS9038Q2M 32-bit PCM 768kHz / DSD512
Headphone amplifier chip: ESS9602
Sampling rates: 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.2/192/352.8/384/768 kHz
DSD support: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 and DSD512
MQA support: full MQA unfolding by hardware
Filter settings: 7 different selectable on front
Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
Analogue out: 6.3mm Headphone Out (front), 1x Variable Out (RCA)
Output voltage: 2.05 Veff
Headphone output power: 68mW (32Ohms)
Dynamic Range: 124dBA
Power consumption: 5V, micro USB
Dimensions W x H x D: 103 x 36 x 103 mm
Weight: 600g without power supply